Ways To Help You Get A Job


Finding a job and especially your first one could be a herculean task. I remember my days when I was in search of my first job. I was in year 10 and it was my vacations. I decided to look for a job so that I can earn some money, increase my confidence and develop my skills for the future. My parents also gave me thumbs up and my journey to find the job began. Being very naïve and no proper guidance my journey was not a smooth one though.


Most of my friends at school were looking for retail and restaurants jobs and I decided to follow them. I crafted my resume and went down to the sops in my local shopping centre and handed my resumes to the shop I felt would be good to work. Some shops directly refused to take my resume as they were not hiring, some said their applications were done online, while some did not find my resume worth enough. Some were courteous and accepted my resume. After a few days, I got an interview call. Nervousness took over me and I fumbled….my interview was pathetic and I was rejected. 

Then I waited for the miracle and after a couple of ‘No’s’, I got a phone call from a retail shop who were looking for part-time employees and were willing to hire me. I was interviewed and was finally selected. They had arranged training sessions for me so that I get familiarised with the job and after completing that I was all set to being my professional journey. I worked at the registers, which gave me the feel of the work in the retail and customer service sector.

I did many small mistakes while searching for the job, which could have been avoided had I known the dos and don’ts of job search. So here I am sharing a few points which will certainly help you to find the best jobs.

1.      Decide what you Want – This is the first step of any job search irrespective of whether first job or not. It is important to know what kind of job you want before start applying. Once that is decided you can have your resume ready accordingly and will send it to only those specific industries.

2.      Resume – Next step create a professional resume. Your resume is the first meeting between you and your prospective employer. It has to be professional and interesting enough to win over the hiring manager. Your resume should be short, highlighting all your selling points, also use the keywords given in the job posts.

3.      Finding the Job – Next step is to find the job vacancies. You can search the jobs through the online job portals, classifieds in the local newspaper, local job agencies, and job fairs and also through your contacts.

4.      Interview Preparation – Once you have started applying for the jobs, it is recommended to start preparing for the interview. Don’t wait for the offer letter to start the preparation. Prepare your answers for the general interview questions like, ‘tell us something about yourself’, ‘your strengths and weaknesses’, ‘your career aspirations’ and so on. The best thing is to write down your answers so that you don’t miss any points. Then read it aloud. Practice it many times so that you almost memorize it. You can practice in front of the mirror or in front of your friends to get rid of the nervousness.

5.      Networking – Spread the word that you are looking for a job. Let your family and friends know you are in search of a job. This is done so that if they know any vacancies around, they can inform you about the same. They can also inform their friends about it and you are sure to not to miss any vacancy in the vicinity. To a find job in the Philippines, a solid network will certainly be beneficial. 

6.      Look for Local Jobs – If it is your first job always prefer local jobs. Firstly because the commute won’t be a problem you can just walk down and secondly you can build healthy relations with your customers and co-workers, which can lead to a better opportunity or continuity at the same place.

7.      Positive Attitude – Keeping your cool and staying positive is so essential in your job search journey. You may get rejected a few times and this could dampen the spirits. But, don’t let that happen. Consider your failure as learning and face each day with a new zeal and positivity.

8.      Dress Appropriately – While going for the interview dress suitably don’t just go in your pyjamas and slippers. Being well dressed creates a good first impression.

9.      Be Confident – Throughout the interview be confident. Don’t let nervousness grip you. Focus only on the interview questions and answer confidently. 

Follow this and I’m sure your journey to find a job in the Philippines will be a smooth one. For more information regarding career in Philippines or jobs in the Philippines visit us, jobaxy.com.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VIDEO RESUMES – THE NEW SENSATION

Audio Video resume

How To Create The Perfect Video Resumes in 2018